What is meant by Featured Snippets?
Featured snippets are short answers to your google search queries. When you make a search in the google search console, Google automatically fetches the relevant information that is specified in the required descriptive format. Continue reading to learn how to setup Featured Snippets for the website.
Snippets are short message box with quick answers to the search queries!
How to set up Featured Snippets for the Website?
- Rank on page 1 (between 2nd to 10th position)
- Contain a Question with a number. eg: top 10 places to visit in Chennai.
- Blog pages are easy to get featured in the snippet.
- Place the query in H2 or H3 tag.
- Answer the question, which people are interested to know.
- Featured snippets support only HTML code.
What are the different types of Featured Snippets?
- Paragraph Snippets
- Numbered List Snippet
- Bulletin Listed Snippets
- Table Snippets
- Bubble Refinement or Caurosal Snippet
- Video Snippets
Snippets Increase Organic Traffic To The Website
Types of Featured Snippets in Detail:
1. Paragraph Snippets
The Paragraph Featured Snippet is commonly used to answer what, when, why and who queries.
Paragraph Snippets is also called “The Definition Box”
How to Setup Paragraph or Definition Snippets in Coding?
2. Line Snippet: Number Format or Order List Snippets
The featured Line Snippet answers your query in a list or pointwise format.
How to setup Featured Line Snippet through Coding?
The line snippet starts with — After the question,
- Start here etc.
Specify the list within the codes mentioned above <ol> <li> list </li> </ol>
3. Line Snippet: Un order list or Bulletin Format
In the unordered list, google can display the list in any specific order of its choice in a bulletin format.
4. Table Featured Snippet:
The Table type Featured Snippet will appear mostly for queries that show content containing multiple things like prices, rates, years, or any other data available in numerical format.
5. Carousel Snippet
Carousel Snippets is also called Bubble refinement snippets.
6. Video Snippet
There is no specific guideline to feature video snippets. Google selects a video for featured snippets on its own algorithm. The video transcription should be readable by Natural Language Processing Tool.
You can also link a separate non-transcription article or a detailed description of the video on YouTube Channel.
Try using relevant keywords in the audio of the video clip. Which also supports and facilitate Alexa voice search.
Special Additions: Rich Snippets
Rich Snippets acts as a sneak preview. That is providing search query result with detailed value-added pieces of information.
Note: You can steal competitors Feature snippet, by adding extra quality content for the same question they answered.
Why Featured Snippets are important?
- Adds Credibility to the website.
- Increase the Click Through Rate
- Even Small websites can rank at the top of the SERP.
- Supports Voice Searches Discoverability.
- Eye-catchy & quality results attract more search traffic to the website.
Make your low ranking website stand out on the Google — Search Engine. Consider Lia Infraservices — Leading SEO Company in Chennai offering the best Search Engine Marketing Services in Chennai, India.
Know how to Setup Featured Snippets for the Website. Creating more search-friendly featured snippets can possibly lead to increased traffic to the website.